How do you remove "organization control" in Win10 pro?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JahnG
JahnG Senior Member • Posts: 2,989
How do you remove "organization control" in Win10 pro?

How do you completely remove the ”organization control” (of updates and possibly other control) in a Win 10 pro, 20H2 ?

The laptop is a 10” ASUS Eee PC 1001PX, with 2G internal memory, (32bit system), originally equipped with Win 7 pro.

I was awarded this PC years ago by a then existing company to use in programming some devices. Several years ago the laptop was no more needed and I put it away in a cupboard.

In 2019 I revived the laptop, got the Win7 working and cleaned away all the old programs. It has since then been used as a spare ”travel laptop” by my daughter. Later, in November 2019 I updated it to Win10 pro 1903, and last week I successfully updated it to Win10 pro, 20H2.

Only then I noticed that in ”Windows update” there is an information (in red text) that ”Your organization” is preventing automatic Win updates, (and possible other limitations?)

I have much searched in the net how to find and remove this ”organization” control of Win, but without success. I am usually directed to gpedit.msc to change different settings, like to allow full telemetrics and other settings. But nothing really happens to remove this ”organization” control. Neither do I find any ”organization settings” in Win.

People answering similar questions about ”organization control” usually ask if the computers have been in use at a school, organization or company. But nobody answers what settings those organizations might have used, and how to undo them? (The Windows is a Finnish language version, making it a bit more difficult)

I suppose there isn't any setting in Win10 pro 20H2 to directly undo all ”organization control”? I don't like to try to do a clean install of Win on that old laptop.

JahnG's gear list:JahnG's gear list
Canon PowerShot A650 IS Panasonic ZS100 Pentax K100D Super Pentax K-r Pentax K-S1
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow