Screen freezes and issues caused by Adobe Creative Cloud?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KJC Regular Member • Posts: 181
Screen freezes and issues caused by Adobe Creative Cloud?

I have a new-ish Dell PC--pretty well outfitted machine (32 GB RAM, Xeon Quad core, 450 watt power supply), which I set up in early September 2020. In early Decembre, about a week after downloading/installing Adobe CC, it started experiencing intermittent screen freezes. All of a sudden--usually, but not always when watching a video in a browser or a media player--I get a white screen or black screen of death accompanied by buzzing coming from my speakers. It responds to nothing and requires a hard reboot. It always comes back up very quickly (SSD is my C drive) with no apparent problems. The problem is intermittent: It can go for a week or so with no problem, then it freezes twice or three times in one day.

I called Dell (I have Pro support) and they had me re-install BIOS, video card drivers, etc. I also ran hardware scan of GPU/video card, etc. It ran for around 30 minutes, did all kinds of stress tests and detected no problems. I also run the Dell Support Assist frequently. The issue is still not resolved, and now Dell wants me to do a complete OS reinstall, which seems a bit extreme--not sure.

In any case, immediately after the last screen freeze, I turned it back on, and the notificaiton popped up that Adobe Creative Cloud updated. I quit Lightroom and Photoshop after I switched to this new system because I want nothing to do with the monthly charges (I am very happy using RawTherapee and GIMP now!!), but I did end up installing Creative Cloud via my employer ONLY because I want the full version of Adobe Acrobat...

I read a smattering of threads online about screen freezes that were believed to be attributable to CC updating, etc. I am a bit suspicious because of the notificaiton I received and the fact that the onset of the problem ensued shortly after downloading CC.

Any thoughts or advice on this?

Thanks,
Kevin

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow