Z6 II Eye and face focusing--Sux

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP HRS Regular Member • Posts: 338
Re: Z6 II Eye and face focusing--Sux

Well, eye focusing means...focusing on the eye! The red box in playback is supposed to correspond to the yellow box during composition. If not, what's the point of letting the camera decide anything focusing-wise??

I forget which reviewer and which camera, but probably the Canon R5 or R6, noting that the latest AF tech improved on the previous version by focusing on the eye(ball) and not the eyelashes. So, whatever camera it was, the software was able to ignore the lashes. This is what I expect Nikon's latest eye autofocusing to do, not just focus on a random thing in the red box even if it's a hair.

Look, I'm just trying to find out if my Z6 II's behavior is normal. I welcome those responders who say their copy is fine; mine is not.

By the way, I have many more examples of the camera completely missing the correct (eye) focus point with nothing between the eye and the camera.

Fortunately, I bought my Z 6II from Amazon. I have until the end of this month to return it, which is probably what I'll do, in exchange for another. Since Amazon will ship the new one before it receives the old one back, I'll have a chance to compare the two.

HRS's gear list:HRS's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon 85mm F1.8G Nikon Z 24-70mm F4
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
HRS
HRS
HRS
HRS
HRS
HRS
HRS
FKS
HRS
HRS
HRS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow