Gel filters for Tamron 15-30mm G2

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Svetlana Day New Member • Posts: 14
Gel filters for Tamron 15-30mm G2

Hi folks,

I recently got the Tamron 15-30 G2 lens and was wondering if anyone had good suggestions for the gel filters that can be used in the rear filter holder (not interested in the front mount filters at the moment).

The Tamron official page for the lens doesn't recommend any specific first-party or third-party filters so my guess would be that I can get any of the gel filters on the market and cut them to size with an exacto knife. But I wanted to see if anyone has done that, has any filter recommendations, any precautions. I'm mostly worried about smudging, wear and tear, storing the filters, and then of course the filters themselves. Can't find any decent brand names options so I suspect I'll have to resort to generics on Amazon.

The specific filters I'd like to get are ND 4, 8 & 16, circular polarizer, and maybe night sky.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Svetlana

Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow