Nikon d700 vs. d610 vs. d750 vs. Df?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Smotzer New Member • Posts: 5
Nikon d700 vs. d610 vs. d750 vs. Df?

Hi all this is my first post on here, and I wanted to see what your opinions comparatively were on purchasing one of these cameras in 2021.

I am getting back into FF digital and looking a purchasing a new body after shooting 35mm and medium formats film mainly for the last 7-10yrs.

I shoot a lot of low light work in abandoned places, in very dim light and black out places and have been attracted to the d750 for that reason (as it seems to get pretty good reviews especially with the -3EV performance, and high ISO low noise). I do some landscape work as well. I also shoot insect macro work, on film and some on a 12mp consumer dx body.

I know the 610 and 750 are technically same mp resolution, but don't know about other factors that play into sensor quality and resolving between the two. At the end of the day MP isn't necessarily a determining factor. And the added focus points on the 750 over the 610 I am leaning towards as well.

I like the more pro-body build of the d8xx series but I just don't crop (like at all, not how I learned to shoot, and I'm a borrow over from film anyway) and have a laptop that I would absolutely hate the work flow of 36-46mp on the d8xx's. I don't know when I was shooting digital I shot with a 10-12mp body and I produced perfectly fine prints even enlarged that suited my needs fine, Ive never really understood the MP craze (maybe that's just me?). 24mp is plenty enough for me, and probably more than I need.

And then I know that the d700 has a bit of a following? Personally the Df looks right on to me, as a film lover, and I could sell off some B kit gear to pick one up. . At the end of the day I am on a bit of budget, and would say realistically i'm bouncing between the cheaper 610 and adding a lense or the slightly improved 750. or Trading in some gear to get the Df

So give me your view points on these cameras if you have used them, and why or why not over another. Thanks,

Connor.

Nikon D610 Nikon D700 Nikon D750 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow