A7S 1 and A Mount adapters?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Inunacho New Member • Posts: 18
A7S 1 and A Mount adapters?

Pre-pandemic I when shooting events, weddings, gatherings, etc I'd use my tried and true A99 usually with the SAM 28-75 and Minolta 80-200 G Hi Speed.  This was a combo made in heaven for someone who didn't want to spend alot of money because the only thing I actually paid for was the beat up body and used tripod.

Fast forward to 2020.  I picked up a A7S body for a few hundred and quickly realized this would make an excellent low light addition to my A99.  Despite it being only 12MP some creative use of TopazLabs software allowed me to print some pretty nice test images in the area of the A99.

Events will come back in the next couple years and I want to be ready.  I've used the LAEA4 on an A7II I borrowed from a friend a few years ago and was disappointed with the AF results.  How does the LAEA3 work with SAM and SSM lens on the A7S which doesn't have PDAF?  I can keep the 80-200 on my A99 but I've been eyeing the Zeiss 24-70 A mount for a while.  How would a zoom like that handle on an A7S with the LAEA3?

Thanks in advance.

Sony a7S Sony Alpha a99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow