Broke my first m43 lens :O

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bluevellet Veteran Member • Posts: 3,465
Broke my first m43 lens :O

The 12-32 pancake zoom, that is.

Technically, it still works: I can take photos and use AF with it, but it makes a horrible rattling noise as soon as it is in its de-collapsed form.

"But how did you break it", you might ask? With a bit of negligence. I made it a point to carry my old but trusty GM1 in my backpack nearly everywhere I go. Sometimes I switch lenses, but usually the 12-32 is attached to my GM1. Now about the negligence part, I use the backpack to carry stuff. And I often grocery shop with it. Although the camera is in another compartment, some of these groceries are big and heavy and that must have pressed on the lens itself beyond what it could take.

Thankully, the GM1 is fine. That thing is built like a tank. I even stepped on it by accident at one point (The LCD screen is the only weak spot). The 12-32 lens though, it's a kit zoom, plastickly and always felt a bit stiff yet fiddly at the same time. If one m43 lens had to break, it had to be that one, I guess.

Now what to do... buy another one, try the Oly 14-42 pancake zoom for a change or fall back on my good old Lumix pancake primes which are made of sterner stuff?

bluevellet's gear list:bluevellet's gear list
Nikon Z6 Olympus E-M1 III Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Olympus 17mm F1.2 Pro Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 +12 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow