Show me your Sigma 35 1.2 pictures

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
poipoipoi_2016 Contributing Member • Posts: 888
Re: Show me your Sigma 35 1.2 pictures

WarrenPeas wrote:

Sean_Jayhawk wrote:

WarrenPeas wrote:

kilofox wrote:

... I am anxiously awaiting mine. I have been lifting weights, so I think I am ready.

Sunset over the Hudson

Moon over Gotham!

I Love this lens!!

I have to admit, buying an f/1.2 lens and then shooting cityscapes as the examples is a surprise to me. That last one is even wide open and another is close to wide open. I have no sense of how that is of value. But, that's just me.

Nothing is sharp in any of the images. For example, here is a building in that last photo (at 100%):

I understand the justifiable criticism. Everything considered, I really did wish I could've used a tripod. There was way too many people in the observatory to try to shoot appropriately. It was really cold up at that elevation and I didn't even bother to check the settings for the most part. Nonetheless I'm not entirely dissatisfied with the photos since I don't make viewed at 100% as my screensaver.

As someone who does nighttime handheld sometimes, there's definitely tradeoffs between DOF and ISO handholding late at night, and IMO, f/2-f/2.8 ends up being the "best" tradeoff of those things on my 24/1.4.

And also yes, I have absolutely done this and then absolutely used these pictures on social media/screensavers and no one's ever cared.

/I... am probably getting the f/1.4 GM over the f/1.2 for weight/size reasons though because f/1.2 is almost *too* fast.

poipoipoi_2016's gear list:poipoipoi_2016's gear list
Sony RX100 V Sony a7R III Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 Sony FE 24-105mm F4 Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow