Trying to decide what camera to buy - but the more I research the more confused I get

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lewis F New Member • Posts: 2
Trying to decide what camera to buy - but the more I research the more confused I get

I come from the world of film photography, in the 90s I did quite a bit of pro work with my trusty Canon T90 and A1. I then hung up my cameras and changed my career to have a steady income. Currently, I have a little Sony RX100 and my iPhone. I want to buy a mirrorless camera, but the more I look the more difficult the decision is, so would love some opinions. I mostly will use the camera for travel and street photography so I like the idea of a smallish camera that is not a burden to carry.

I have looked at both the

Olympus OMD E M1 III

Sony A7 III

They both look great and superb bits of kit.

But I wonder if they are going to be too complicated? I like the idea of all the bells and whistles but will a newbie to mirrorless digital find them overwhelming? And do I need to spend so much money. (I love the idea of the image stabilisation)

Any thoughts, opinions will be greatly received.

Sony a7 III Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T90 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow