DJI Phantom 4 Pro V1 Drone... VS... Mini 2

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Mike Wrob Regular Member • Posts: 396
Re: DJI Phantom 4 Pro V1 Drone... VS... Mini 2

Sonamair wrote:

What a thoughtful thorough reply

so I think that points me towards a Air 2

can you expound on the registration process?

If you were buying your first drone and were in my boat with money no object what would you buy?

if you were with a budget up to 1000$ up to 1500 and up to 2000$ what would you buy

i could sell off photo equipment to splurge if I need to to minimize compromise

If you're mainly shooting stills, I would take the Mini 2 over the Air 2.  I've got the Air 2 and the main reason I chose it was for the Active tracking and the obstacle sensors.  You won't need the Active tracking at all if you're not shooting video and I think that the need for obstacle sensors is greatly reduced if you're only shooting stills as you can take your time maneuvering into position.  Although on paper the Air 2 has a better camera, most of the comparisons and reviews I've seen say there isn't much practical difference in image quality.  The small size of the Mini 2 is really appealing and makes it very easy for you to take anywhere.

Mike Wrob's gear list:Mike Wrob's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic ZS100 Panasonic LX100 II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow