Whats the future of analog with no new cameras?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
cptrios Senior Member • Posts: 1,525
Re: Whats the future of analog with no new cameras?

marc petzold wrote:

Overrank wrote:

I’m sure you can (although I struggle to get more than a 6cm x 4cm out of my Minox) and there’s some photographing Formula One on a 5 x 4 - https://petapixel.com/2017/05/13/photographer-shoots-f1-1913-graflex-4x5-view-camera/ but you wouldn’t start from there !

But I agree with the general point, a Contax T2 at £1,500 will not turn my photo of a cat into a Pulitzer Prize winner.

It's totally overpriced ! And a usual Zeiss 38/2.8 Sonnar Lens. That happens, when so called "Celebrities" posing around with this, into some Talkshow, born after the Release of the Camera, but "Look Ma, i got a flashy Film Camera!" Type of Woman. Sheesh.

-
"The Best Camera is the One That's with You" ~ Chase Jarvis

My favorite are the 500 "Best Film Point & Shoots" articles that only list the T2, Yashica T4, Olympus MJU-II, etc. etc. because the author either has loads of financial resources or has never actually used any other film P&Ss and just looked at all the other articles with the same title.

cptrios's gear list:cptrios's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX1 Ricoh GR Sony Alpha NEX-7 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow