Lenses for M6 mark II wide end

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
3210123 New Member • Posts: 15
Lenses for M6 mark II wide end

Hi,

How do you see the wide end options and their strenghts for M6 mark II?

This is how i cover the focal lengths I need right now:

55 - 200mm f/4.5-6.3 Canon ef-m

• lighweight reach for outdoor sports and all around telephoto 

56mm f/1.4 Sigma ef-m

• a must for indoor sports (bjj & submission wrestling), superb images and lens everywhere

32mm f/1.4 Canon ef-m

• the one I use the most, an all-arounder, superb lens

18 - 150mm f/3.5-6.3 Canon ef-m

• for convenience, no lens changes

17mm Huawei p30 Pro phone

• amazing camera, as good as the 18 - 150mm f/3.5-6.3 Canon ef-m at 18mm, in low light even better and sometimes the 5xzoom can give ok images too

10mm Huawei p30 Pro phone

• convenient wide-angle that makes striking images, sometimes a bit over processed though

The only one I might give up is the 18 - 150mm f/3.5-6.3 Canon ef-m. Convenience is nice, but the M6 mark II camera gear is so small and light that I can carry all the lenses all the time. Also using the p30 Pro camera is quicker than changing lenses. Keeping a prime lens or a long reach tele on the M6 mark II and using the Huawei p30 Pro for wide angle (and even some quick tele) shots seems to make more sense than compromising the creative options by using a superzoom. I feel that the point of carrying a DSLR is getting some great photos instead of just documenting things with an ok quality.

So I’ve also thought about selling the 18 - 150mm f/3.5-6.3 Canon ef-m. Would I miss it and where if so? Zooming in videography? Sitting in a tourist bus ? Thoughts?

In the other hand, especially if I sell the 18 - 150mm, I’ve considered getting the Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM and the Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM. The 22mm prime is so small and cheap that I’ll most likely just get it. The 11-22mm I’m not so sure about because the p30 Pro covers a lot of its focal length well and is most likely better in low light 17mm shots. For me indoors is where an ultra-wide is often used. Again, high quality video and possibility to zoom during shots might be a reason for the 11-22mm too? Any other points of view are appreciated. Thanks!

3210123's gear list:3210123's gear list
Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Canon EF-M 18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM Canon EF-M 32mm F1.4 +1 more
Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow