Headshot & Personal (18+ but SFW)

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
boogisha
boogisha Senior Member • Posts: 2,148
Headshot & Personal (18+ but SFW)

Here`s a quick headshot of mine, literally setup and executed within minutes (which you probably can`t tell at all...), without any previous preparation or thought, being asked for a mugshot at shortest notice, for an internal team presentation, back at my day job.

Having only a slight hint of what I`m actually doing (and less of what I wanted to do, except of hopefully avoiding a mere mughsot), I`m pretty satisfied with how it came up eventually. Well, sans for the chubby cheeks, but that`s what some of us get for free when working from home for too long.

Window daylight on the left (and a bit behind), with maximally dimmed ring light on the opposite side for some shadow fill (in hindsight, I should have probably bring that one up a bit, raising the catchlights position as well), black backdrop in the back.

But the main reason I`m so pleased with it is because this was shot all by myself (and quickly), with camera mounted on a tripod and using Fuji`s rather moody "Camera Remote" phone app live view... aaand with a fully manual 58mm f/1.4 lens, focused manually, wide open! Plus, only later I realized, having ISO set to 160, that my shutter speed was waaaaay low at 1/10, but I guess I got lucky it didn`t influence sharpness that much (due to myself being a living being, breathing and all).

But how does one manually focus himself at 58mm f/1.4? Well, self-portrait-focus-aiding clone being absent due to distancing measures, let`s just say that there was my kid`s (unused!) diaper conveniently lying around on a (movable) cupboard exactly at the approximate height/position my face/eyes could be... don`t ask. Not having much time to object - just focus, slide the cupboard a bit and shamelessly take its position (and that of a diaper). Done.

RAW, Fujifilm X-T3 + Voigtlander Nokton 58mm f/1.4 @ f/1.4, 1/10, ISO 160

p.s. Sorry if the "18+" title mislead you into thinking of something else (wink, wink), it`s just that once we`re over 18 keeping track of your own age becomes a matter of complex math calculations... and I`m (almost!) double that number now. Time flies.

boogisha's gear list:boogisha's gear list
Canon PowerShot A75 Canon ELPH 300 HS Canon PowerShot S120 Canon PowerShot G7 X Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +12 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow