Sharp standard zoom for Nikon DX

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Simon Samson New Member • Posts: 18
Sharp standard zoom for Nikon DX

I'm looking for a standard zoom for DX which has as good as possible edge sharpness for a reasonable budget price used. Trying to minimise my costs to under $300.  But minimising the budget as far as possible means I'm still interested in lenses under $100 used. Starting from 18mm preferably. I would not like to buy the 18-35 Nikkor though being a FX lens means it will be useful on FX and DX because I'm really looking for a beater lens for using in situations were I wouldn't want to risk that lens.  Similarly the Sigma 18-35 DX lens while being excellent, doesn't match the cheap as possible criteria. There seem to be a bewildering choice of Nikon lenses in the DX only category. While looking at reviews over many years I've found that very often user experience is far different from reviews which could be flavoured with New Toy Syndrome (NTS) aimed at selling the latest product etc. Here, I'm not in the market for the latest and greatest. I will be intending on using the lens for walk about and landscape. Thanks for any help and opinions.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow