which one: 16-55 vs 16-80?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Hoenemor
Hoenemor Regular Member • Posts: 268
which one: 16-55 vs 16-80?

Hi

looking for some advice/input/insights. I have listed my 18-55 for sale and its being picked up later today (hopefully). I'm selling it because its just not sharp enough when compared to other lenses. I'm mainly a prime shooter and I have 16mm f1.4, 35/50/90 f2 and I rarely use my zoom if I can help it and I rarely shoot video.

However, I have a need for a zoom. I spend quite some time outdoors usually dragging my camera along. Especially now in the wintertime its really a hassle changing lenses outdoors in minus 10 degrees celsius. So I'm contemplating investing in a better zoom that  the 18-55 and I'm mainly looking at the 16-55, but considering the 16-80.

The main reason for me considering the 16-55 is the bigger aperture. However the 16-80 is more versatile with the longer FL (as well as IS). Currently both lenses are listed with the same price, but there is a cash-back campaign on the 16-55 so it is actually cheaper.

So I'm wondering, which lens would you choose and why?

Best,

Julie

Hoenemor's gear list:Hoenemor's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow