Would you buy new EF lenses for your R5/R6?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
akjos
akjos Veteran Member • Posts: 4,564
Would you buy new EF lenses for your R5/R6?

I recently got an R6 and it SO much fun to use I’m actually considering selling all my Nikon stuff I have left . One thing is stopping me for now and that is 28 1.4 and 105 1.4 I own ...both insanely amazing lenses canon has NO equivalent for 🙁 ( I’m 28/50/105 fan hate the 35mm and don’t care much for 85 but Its fine...)

the AF on this camera is from another galaxy though and Last few cameras I owned were a7r3 , D5 ( no slouches) and now z6 which has amazing sensor and IQ wise but REALLY frustrating trying to shoot anything that moves ... 
I’d love to keep just one system but decided not it invest anymore in Nikon lenses since their future is not so certain and god knows if they ever catch up with the AF .

I owned several EF lenses for a while for 6dII which I sold about a year ago and now greatly regret it 🙈. Mainly 16-35 F4 IS and 100-400II and 100L macro

I want to get tele lens but having hard time choosing. RF 70-200 2.8 seems amazing but its expensive and no Tc option is major downside.  Also new 100-500 is a letdown. 2700$ for an F7.1 lens?!? Hell to the no Canon that is RIDICULOUS. Plus the very limited range with Tc attached is frustrating too ...

so that brings me to the EF adapted versions... get the 70-200 2.8 II or III ? Or rebuy 100-400 II? ( I loved that lens but i found it not long enough on the Fx camera at times and there isn’t much cropping room on R6) and sometimes Id prefer the 2.8 aperture of the 70-200...plus maybe cheapo 600 F11?

There is also appealing  85 1.4 EF...

I just didn’t want to mess with adapters anymore and wanted to stick with native RF glass but the EF options are really appealing considering the prices...

also ... do the tamron lenses work well with no issues? Like I had freezing issues on A7r3 in servo (afc) etc.

I used to have tamron g2 70-200 2.8 and it was fantastic for the money ...

thanks for opinions

Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Canon EOS R5 Nikon D5 Nikon Z6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Ricoh Caplio R6 Sony a7 Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow