I'm throwing out ALL of my negatives, slides, and original prints

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
john isaacs Veteran Member • Posts: 4,913
I'm throwing out ALL of my negatives, slides, and original prints

I had used a slide/film scanner years ago to scan some of my negatives and slides (not all).  I did it at medium resoluton because it took so long to scan them.  So I kept the originals.

Now, I'm using my camera and a macro lens to photograph them at full (camera) resolution.  It's fast, and I'm doing EVERYTHING.  And as I finish them, I'm tossing them in the trash.

Why?  Because I will never (1) go back to rescan them, and (2) print from them.  And no one else will, either.

I'll get them on the computer, process them to positives as needed, pick out the good ones and process them just like I do with my digital photos.

And then, the big step: I'll delete a bunch of them because they are no good.

Boxes of old negatives, slides, and prints will no longer take up space in my basement.  Good riddance.

And I will print the few that might be worth printing, and they will be so much better because they will be processed to bring out the best in them (which was never the case with the commercial prints).

john isaacs's gear list:john isaacs's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Nikon D750 Olympus E-M5 II Nikon D500 Olympus E-M1 II +16 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow