Gear insurance - where to start?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nhr5005 New Member • Posts: 16
Gear insurance - where to start?

Hi All,

I searched the forums for a while and couldn't really find a good thread or answer. I see insurance mentioned often in posts and comments on various articles...things like "you're insured right?" and "I'm insured so no big deal..." or "repaired/replaced by my insurance..."

For those of us not insured, just wanted to ask where to start or look (I'm in the USA by the way). Do you do this through your home/rental insurance? Some other company dedicated to photo gear insurance?

Are there any good companies that are recommended, or conversely to avoid? I'd imagine most policies cover drops/damage & theft (home and perhaps abroad if traveling?).

Bonus question: do any of these companies insure traditional cameras AND drones? (I'd imagine from what I've looked at in the past and the baggage that comes with operating drones, that would be its own separate issue and insurance--but just thought I'd ask).

Thanks!

nhr5005's gear list:nhr5005's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow