Blurb issues around the Holidays

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
SteveJess New Member • Posts: 1
Blurb issues around the Holidays

Every year I print a photo book with about 150 pages of pictures from the year. I usually send it early Dec for pre-Xmas delivery.

Last year the cover of one book was messed up with black greasy streaks. Blurb reprinted and shipped for free by mid January.

This year was a disaster. All three books had identical issues. The black and white cover had a strong green hue, and there were images that did not print to the edge of the page - it seems the whole page was offset north so the top was cropped and the bottom raised above the edge of the page.

I emailed support, and after robo emails saying 'we're busy', I finally got a response email today.

It makes me think that they are so overwhelmed over the holidays they just crank out the orders and there is no quality control. Then they deal with it all after the fact. Clearly support is overwhelmed now too.

Has anyone else has similar issues? I have several more photo books I'm preparing and I love the ease of using Blurb with Lightroom. But I don't have much confidence now.

Is this just a factor of being overwhelmed for the holidays, and they are more reliable the rest of the year?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow