Winter in Helsinki (12 pics)

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DrWu
DrWu Contributing Member • Posts: 548
Winter in Helsinki (12 pics)

Thought to share some winter photos from central Helsinki. They were taken mostly with E-M5Mk1, but some are taken with E-P2, Pen-F and E-M1Mk2. The E-M1 is the only one of these that suits well for use in sub zero temperatures. It is nice to handle even with gloves and larger battery last longer. This morning we had -12 Celsius and my 2 years old battery, which was charged up to 80%, lasted one hour and I took about 70 photos using LCD. I don´t know what the "freeze proof" means in practice though. I have used all my cameras in temperatures from -25 to -10 Celsius without any damage.

Photos in this set are mostly older (only one is from this winter) because we don´t have much winters anymore. Last year we had no winter and long term forecasts in the autumn threatened that this year again instead of winter we would have just a 4 months long November. Luckily they were wrong:) Now the thermometer shows -21 C and I am planning to get out early in the morning with camera.

Hope you like the set. I forgot to turn off copyright watermark in Lightroom. It looks a bit stupid in photos... sorry about that.

Best regards, Pekka.

DrWu's gear list:DrWu's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Ricoh GR III Olympus E-M1 II +9 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Olympus E-M1 Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow