Whats the future of analog with no new cameras?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Doc Pockets New Member • Posts: 8
Re: Whats the future of analog with no new cameras?

Back in 2005-2007 I took great advantage of the film gear being dumped for digital. Scoured high and low for all the best-conditioned medium-format I could get.  Mint and above gear.  I had bought my first RB 67 kit back in 1973.  I just added massively to what I had.  Everything I could ever want for the RB system was purchased by the end of 2007 for a lot cheaper than what is being asked for questionable-conditioned gear today.  I bought parts bodies and two to three each of my favorite lenses.  I'd already amassed quite a collection of  Nikon motored 35mm when I left UPI and AFP Beirut back in the mid-eighties.  7 F2s and 8 F3s, 37 lenses,  I've kept all that.  My last film gear purchase was a brand new pair of 100-200mm zooms with supports for my fleet of Mamiya RB67 Pro-SD cameras from a dealer in Japan for 238 dollars, shipping included, in May of 2007. They sold here in the US for well over two grand a decade earlier. I had saved since 2003 knowing digital was going to rule.  The pickings are getting slimmer each day and the prices are getting higher. Buy it now even if you think you won't use it later.  When the time comes you want to use it  the gear will be there.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow