An Ode to 24-105 (and Cape Town, South Africa)

Started 3 months ago | User reviews thread
drmarkf Contributing Member • Posts: 733
Re: An Ode to 24-105 (and Cape Town, South Africa)

N4865G wrote:

Thank you, indeed such a wonderful place. I always find myself mesmerised by the beauty of its landscape.

Pity, it becomes such a dangerous place to travel these days. Formerly safe places like the Waterfront see huge increase of even daylight mugging.

Cheers

Dom

drmarkf wrote:

I’m very fond of Cape Town, and these images make me feel nostalgic!

I hope we can return soon.

I was last there in August ‘19 with 4 photo friends, staying at Boulders Beach for a few nights before flying home after a wildlife & landscape photo trip to a friend’s farm in the Karoo.

Mostly we stayed in the scenic, out of town areas around the Cape & Constantia - I’ve been to the Waterfront several times before, so I and one other went off shooting landscapes around the Cape while the other 3 did the tourist thing. 
They survived without incident! I must say the Waterfront seemed a lot safer on my trip in 2018 than it did during my first visit 5 years before, but obviously things can change day by day.

As ever in so many places around the world, bad things can happen very quickly in urban areas in SA (and I’ve seen a few during earlier visits, fortunately only from a safe distance), but realistically you’re very unlucky to be involved in any in rural areas, especially if you keep alert and especially don’t drive at night!

drmarkf's gear list:drmarkf's gear list
Fujifilm X70 Sony a7S Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus E-M5 III +19 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow