Mid-Atlantic Feathers - A6600 & Sony 100-400

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
zackiedawg Forum Pro • Posts: 33,804
nopix,

Beautiful set - good mix of stuff for the mid-Atlantic this time of year!  Figured you'd be cold and snowy by now.

Our herons sometimes do the shake with fish - depends on whether it's 'acting up' and wriggling around - I think they're trying to 'stun' it into not moving so when they toss it up to swallow, it doesn't go wriggling out and get away.

Neat to see all the snow geese - I only saw that once in my life, way up in Quebec, at the beginning of winter when they were gathering to get ready to head south.  Most of the migrating geese never come this far south into Florida, so I never get to see snow or Canadian geese.

Your eagle is a youngster - we mostly see adults when we see them at all, though a few years ago I got to see two juveniles at the nest.

Love the second dunlin shot in flight - the background makes it.  And the two sunset shots were quite moody and lovely.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony a6600 Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +21 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow