Sony 35mm f1.4 GM

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
VZA Forum Member • Posts: 75
Re: Sony 35mm f1.4 GM

I love the reviews claiming how small Sony's 35mm F1.4 is. It's a whopping 1.2 centimeters shorter than Canon's 50mm f1.2.

The 50mm f1.2 is roughly the same size as Sony's 50mm f1.4. If that's any indication then Canon's 35mm f1.2 would be around the same size as Sony's 35mm f1.4. If Canon opts to make a 35mm f1.4 instead then I would imagine it would be considerably smaller than Sony's offering.

I'm no expert but I think Canon having wider glass at the mount would make their designs heavier but at least that weight is near the back which makes holding the lenses easier (and that doesn't even factor in the better grips on their bodies).

Some of the images from Sony's 35mm f1.4 are quite nice but there's quite a few with nervous bokeh. I thought long and hard about going with Sony for the cheaper bodies and glass but at the end of the day I know I'm not going to be satisfied with the quality of the images coming from them.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
VZA
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow