Need some M4/3 advice

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
dave rogers Contributing Member • Posts: 682
Re: Need some M4/3 advice

The tyranny of choice is a real challenge these days.

I'm inclined to say, even with permission for a "forever camera," you might be well served by looking at the Panasonic FZ1000. It doesn't have the reach of a m43 300mm lens (600mm effective), so that may be a deal-breaker for you.

But it would simplify your travel experience.

I've found that changing lenses while on travel is a distracting intrusion and something of an unpleasant experience. I went to Ireland with a PEN-F and three primes, my wife brought her E-P5 with the 17mm/f2.8 and the 14-42ez. She shot everything with the 17mm pancake, and I ended up borrowing her 14-42 because I just got tired of changing lenses. If we were going out to dinner, I'd put the 20mm/f1.7 pancake on and live with it. But if we were driving around, or walking outdoors, the zoom was so much more useful.

It's not just about the images, it's about the experience you're having as well.

Hope I haven't made things more complicated for you.

dave rogers's gear list:dave rogers's gear list
Olympus C-5060 Wide Zoom Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus XZ-2 iHS +47 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MNE
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow