Compact off-camera flash - wireless?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
demonboy
demonboy Regular Member • Posts: 291
Compact off-camera flash - wireless?

I'm looking for an off-camera flash solution, budget around £300. It's for street photography so it has to be compact. TTL and long range are not so relevant, but first and second curtain are.

In the past I have used both sync cable and wireless systems. A cabled solution is straight-forward as I'd probably opt for the Godox TT350s and third-party cable.

But what are my options for a wireless system? Bear in mind I'm looking for a compact solution. This rules out some of the large hot-shoe transmitters I'm coming across. They look cumbersome and probably over-kill for my needs.

In the past I used cheap wireless transmitters for my Olympus. They were extremely compact, but I understand the Sony mount is slightly different so third-party, off-the-shelf solutions may not work. I'm not sure. I'm swaying towards using a sync cable but if anyone has any recommendations on wireless systems I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow