* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #664 on 2021 01 13 *

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
RoelHendrickx
OP RoelHendrickx Forum Pro • Posts: 27,365
Re: The last piece.

Mike Fewster wrote:

My brother in law is a jigsaw puzzle tragic. The more difficult the puzzle, the better the likes it. One of my photos promised to be challenging as a jigsaw so I had a copy made as a 1000 piece puzzle for him for Christmas.

It took him nearly three days. He invited me to witness the final piece.

It's interesting to see a well-known image in another incarnation.

That photo of the Gorge is - IIRC - one that you have shared here for our comments, but of course I cannot put my finger on the exact week in which you did that.  Maybe you can?  It would be great to include a link to our discussion, to add a dimension here.

It's a beautiful photo full of bewildering angles and shapes and with a magnificent reflection that does justice to the incredible richness of colour variations in the rocks.

A challenging subject for a puzzle, but one in which an organized mind can clearly and efficiently organize the puzzle-building challenge.  Your brother in law obviously enjoys his puzzling, and I am sure that he loved this present of yours (BTW: supremely marketable, IMHO).

The photo is candid, and shows the surroundings of the man in concentration.  I would be tempted to see how it works if we crop this a bit from the top and from the left side, in order to get rid of : the bright window that competes for attention with the man and his puzzle and the little whatever-it-is just above his right shoulder.  Cropping away the window will cut through the forehead, obviously, but I don't think that this would be a real problem : we will still see some of the forehead and the eyes etc.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: http://www.roelh.zenfolio.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow