Z6 II Eye and face focusing--Sux

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
beatboxa Veteran Member • Posts: 7,929
Re: Z6 II Eye and face focusing--Sux

HRS wrote:

...given the high expectations from the hype surrounding the supposed eye and face focusing improvements...
<snip>

But the downward trajectory of Nikon, vis-a-vis Canon especially, would lead me to a different manufacturer if I had it to do over.

How long have you been shooting with the Canon R5/R6?

If the answer is "not long" or "not at all" then what exactly are you complaining about?  Because at that point, the logic you are following is that you are complaining about the hype-vs-results of the Z6ii vs. hype (only) of the Canon R5 or R6.

One of the things I've pointed out many, many, many times on these forums is that there are a lot of components in the processing chain, which includes some serial processes that contribute to various lags / latencies.  And if you become educated on what they are and how they work, you will be better prepared to understand and set proper expectations, mitigation strategies, and purchasing decisions.

If you choose not to learn about how these things work and instead choose to go purely on performance results, then you need to actually compare results.

And if you choose to compare your misaligned expectations (between your expectations and the results you get) of one camera vs. only the hype of the other (and not actual results), then you're doing it wrong.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
HRS
HRS
HRS
HRS
HRS
HRS
HRS
FKS
HRS
HRS
HRS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow