Fuji X-H1 or X-T3?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Chris_84 Forum Member • Posts: 56
Fuji X-H1 or X-T3?

Hey,

i currently own a X-T30 (and i am happy with it) but would like to have a little bigger, more solid body with a better viewfinder. If i have time, i like to do some birding/bird in flight (fuji 100-400). It would be great to have an ibis-system, for occasional macro-photography and low-light shooting (->stabilized primes).

I will buy the body used and you can get an X-T3 for around 900€ and a X-H1 for 720€ (!) in good condition. I am very tempted to get the X-H1 because of the price and ibis but i am concerned about the autofocus performance (bif and low light). I think even the autofocus of the X-T30 could be better. At long distances or if you take images of low-contrast subjects it is sometimes inaccurate. The X-T4 is too expensive and i don't like the flip-out screen.

How are your experiences with the x-h1's autofocus system? Is it good enough? I have read in various threads that the autofocus is sometimes imprecise and slow in low light and that inaccurate focusing is more common.

In short: Would you get the x-h1 or the x-T3?

Chris_84's gear list:Chris_84's gear list
Fujifilm XF10 Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow