A basic video question

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Harold66
OP Harold66 Forum Pro • Posts: 10,377
Re: A basic video question

alcelc wrote:

The 4K or 6K photo modes of Panny indeed produces a MP4 as the end product.

Ooh ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I thought someone wrote it produced a H265 file ... now I am confused

We don't need to export the frame from the footage.

sorry no idea what this sentence means ๐Ÿ˜

It has a flexibility to use any still shooting aspect ratio so is the 4:3.

Since 4K/6K photo modes are originally to capture the motion, it is usually not subjected to the usual 180 degree shutter rule ( says, 1/60" for 30fps etc). Therefore usually the MP4 would be choppy on playback, not smooth as those regular video shooting under/close to 180 degree rule. Hence, as long as we apply similar shooting parameters using in usual video shooting, the footage from 4K/6K photo mode could be the same as shooting in regular video shooting mode. I saw many members in fact use that 6K photo mode footage as 6K video. ๐Ÿ˜€

Not sure. Are you saying that when shooting handheld i should select a higher speed than 1/60s ?

The issue is currently the playback media, TV or the software would default the video aspect ratio to 16:9,

ooh no ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

any footage if not shoot under 16:9, upon playback, would have dark bars (would not auto crop like the older format) making it not very nice. So, even you prefer 4:3, might have to consider your client would like to have a non 16:9 video...

H

-- hide signature --

FOLLOW me on IG @ledaylightstudio.
thedemandingtraveler.org
www.haroldglit.com
IG :thedemandingtraveler

Harold66's gear list:Harold66's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Ricoh GR Ricoh GR II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow