Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Harold66
Harold66 Forum Pro • Posts: 10,153
A basic video question

Hello Everyone

Hope that 2021 is going to be a better year for all of us

In case you don't already know , I am a faithful m4/3 user . My work is only for stills so my knowledge of video is very poor 

However , lots of models asked me to make short videos for them (and I hate to say no to all of these beautiful women  ) hence my question today

It may sound like a silly question but I really need a confirmation and I could not find the answer on the g9 manual

I truly hate the 3:2 ratio ( this is the reason I work with m43) and the 16.9 ratio in my mind only work for landscapes

I want to know if there is a way to select 4.3 ratio when shooting video . It does not have to be 4K , I am perfectly happy with 1080, (I believe it is called full HD , yes ?) since the videos are only for social media (mostly instagram)

I don t think there is a technical impossibility since I can shoot video in 4:3 on my Ricoh GR and GRII  but I do not see the setting on my Panasonic G9

I would also like if I can shoot video in 4.3 also in vertical , but I assume I can rotate the file in post process if needed

Your help would be appreciated 

-- hide signature --

FOLLOW me on IG @ledaylightstudio.
thedemandingtraveler.org
www.haroldglit.com
IG :thedemandingtraveler

Harold66's gear list:Harold66's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Ricoh GR Ricoh GR II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +5 more
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow