Choosing a Monitor: Is 4K or 100% sRGB more important?

Started Jan 12, 2021 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AndKPhoto New Member • Posts: 11
Choosing a Monitor: Is 4K or 100% sRGB more important?

I need to replace my monitor, and I am trying to decide between the ASUS ProArt 90LM05L1-B013B0 (2560X1440, 75 Hz, 100% sRGB and aRGB, 95% P3), which I can get for $350, or the Dell s2721qs (4K, HDR400, 99% sRGB, no idea on P3) for around $550, or used for around $350.

Would the slightly better color accuracy of the Asus actually effect my work in a positive way? Or would the basic HDR and 4K resolution of the Dell be more valuable to me in the long-run?

Does anyone use the ProArt Monitors?

I do have a SpyderX Elite ColorChecker, so I can software calibrate whatever I get. In fact, that is why I realized I need a new monitor.

I am thinking of getting the ASUS Proart, then upgrading to a higher-end monitor with true HDR in a few years. I am a recent college graduate who is learning architectural photography (being self-employed is a wild ride), and also edit videos for construction companies.

And yes, I do know that there have been two threads on monitors in the same number of days, but I already had this written up before finding that out! Thank you.

AndKPhoto's gear list:AndKPhoto's gear list
Sony a7 III Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 24-105mm F4
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow