Lenses for Sony A7Rii

Started Jan 12, 2021 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Valdorothy Junior Member • Posts: 45
Lenses for Sony A7Rii

Hi! I have the above camera and recently purchased a 55mm F1.8 Za Carl Zeiss Sonnar T*. Although the reviews were very positive and at first it seemed ideal and very sharp, as I began to use it more I found issues with the sharpness. The bottom third of photographs was blurred and I realised that the close focussing distance wasn't good enough for my needs. Or I was doing something wrong!! I sold the lens and bought a 35mm f1.8 which I love! It is so small and light and super sharp! I am now wondering about another middle range lens or 50mm lens. Does anyone have any recommendations? I've been reading up about them but it's very difficult to pin it down. I can't go and try any lenses in person at the moment either because of the pandemic. I find it hard to carry things now and as I sometimes use a tripod I wondered about also buying the 24-105mm which has excellent reviews. I really only take photographs of the landscape but would to sometimes focus on particular features of the landscape.

-- hide signature --

V. Seaward

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow