Canon G3X Image Quality

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
Confusedabit Senior Member • Posts: 1,858
Re: Canon G3X Image Quality

Dave Robertson wrote:

Got it - thanks.

I hadn't realised that when zooming in on a subject, once it gets to the max optical zoom it looks like it carries on zooming digitally so that's obviously what happened. I've got a lot to learn!

You can change that in the menu. Cameras usually pause before they go in to extended digital zoom.

If you have bought second hand it is better to do a menu reset to get it back to the factory mode or you may have all sorts of unusual quirks in the camera and greyouts in the menu. A greyout if you do not know is a menu item that cannot be selected because you have set some other function in the camera that precludes its use. Many of us have suffered and posted in despair when we cannot remember what we changed to kick this off.

Nor such a problem with Canon as these are simple cameras in comparison to some and the manuals are easy to read which has its advantages. Canon are more in the business of publishing innovative patents rather than using them.

The manual will assume you are starting from factory default.

If I sell a camera I always try to remember to reset to avoid complications and clear wifi etc..

Confusedabit's gear list:Confusedabit's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX620 HS Nikon Coolpix A1000 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus E-PL8 Fujifilm X-T20 +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow