Best app to do unsharp mask, etc.?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Ken Gosden Senior Member • Posts: 2,927
Re: Best app to do unsharp mask, etc.?

BAHdog wrote:

Ken Gosden wrote:

BigBrother70 wrote:

Actually on another thread someone recommended Snapseed and man it has been great! Exactly what I needed. Still don't understand why Lr's sharpening is such drek...

I would second that SnapSeed structure tool is pretty good. It is nice that it works with the select feature that sort of limits the area of the effect. Do wish there was an actual masking selection tool...

You can work on layers in Snapseed and paint in or paint out effects. Up top go to View Edits and you will see all of your layers populate. Then tap one and you can edit the effect or paint in the effect. Or choose the total image to be masked with the red mask which means the total image if affected and then paint out areas you don’t want to be affected. At the bottom you can set opacity and gives areas a fraction of the effect. every effect can be used very locally.

It is one of the more valuable apps I edit with.

Thanks for the info.  I will have to give it a deeper look.

Ken Gosden's gear list:Ken Gosden's gear list
Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus Tough TG-3 Canon G5 X II Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II +19 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow