Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
aSevenArr
aSevenArr Senior Member • Posts: 2,658
Re: Here's a photo where you can see the G more clearly

Malling wrote:

aSevenArr wrote:

GF wrote:

LiveFromPhilly wrote.

Also, it's definitely not the 20mm since that has a different minimum focus distance compared to this lens (the 20mm is .63ft, this lens is .89ft)

It should be the released lens that’s why they cover the lens. Based on Sony Rumor, most likely it is 35mm f1.4.

Yes, that would be my guess.

A long overdue 35mm GM

There has been one for years, albeit with a different name, the Sony Zeiss 1.4/35. This new lens is basically just a v. 2.0 If you have any doubt put the two pictures next to each other of the two lenses, the shape, aperture ring, focus ring is completely identical.

So no let’s puncture the idea of a new lens, this clearly for me more indicate that Sony has begun updating their existing lenses and it’s about time. This means they start with the oldest first these where the Sony Zeiss but in v. 2 these are just renamed G and GM.

Yes, I already have the "Distagon" and many of the other GM's.

The 35mm Sony Zeiss Distagon is a nice lens but it's not GM quality.

The technology has moved on since then (it's also a bit on the large and heavy side).

So IMHO it could be sharper and if it had some of these new extreme aspherical elements and the new super fast focusing motors that Sony has been using recently I think we could have something very special on our hands.

Or... it could just as easily be a 28mm or even a 40mm.

aSevenArr's gear list:aSevenArr's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Sony a7R Sony a9 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GF
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow