E-M1 new Mark-3 value vs. Mark-2

Started 4 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
t3hite
t3hite New Member • Posts: 2
E-M1 new Mark-3 value vs. Mark-2

I got an E-M5iii kit with the 12-45 f/4 a while back as my entry to the 4/3 system. I'm liking the camera quite a bit and I'm thinking about upgrading to an E-M1 to get the advantages of better battery life, easier access to custom functions, better grip, larger controls and sturdier construction. In addition to the kit lens I also own the 30mm macro, 40-150 f/4-5.6 and Pana-Leica 15mm f/1.7.

I'm  using the camera for backcountry skiing and climbing. I shoot landscape photos (mostly of avalanches), macros (of snow crystals), available light inside huts or tents, skiers and climbers doing their sports. I'm often shooting handheld with gloves. I do a very little bit of video.

Currently the Mark-3 is $1,599 new and B&H is selling the Mark-2 for $999 new and  for $700-$780 used (8+ or 9+).

If you've used the different versions where would you see the best value?

t3hite's gear list:t3hite's gear list
Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro Olympus 12-45mm F4 Pro
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow