Product and software recommendations for developmentally disabled person

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NastyNick New Member • Posts: 9
Product and software recommendations for developmentally disabled person

Hi, my little brother has developmental disabilities and tourettes. He also has a great eye for composition and a lot of time to practice photography. With the advancements in mobile phones he has the ability to take better photos. Unfortunately an interchangeable lens camera is likely too much for him to learn and too easy to break. Perhaps he can figure out manual exposure using a pro photo app on his iphone and transition later. Anyway my question is what apps and products would you recommend?

I've showed him lightroom and with some more time I think he can learn most of the tools. I would love for him to start using lights but I can't find any good ones for mobile (besides the new profoto stuff). I know there's plenty of constant LEDs out there but these arent great for photo in my experience and due to his tourettes he doesn't use video often. I think a grip case and a small tripod might be really useful for him. Can you recommend any of these items or think of any others?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow