* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #663 on 2021 01 06 *

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
MikePDX
MikePDX Senior Member • Posts: 2,203
Re: Re-working old images

Aldersyde wrote:

Health problems have prevented me from taking my cameras out for almost two years. this has given me the time to look at some of my old images which I haqve found lacking for one reason or another. the attached, are from Malta in 2015, during a week when the Island received its first rain for 8 months, or so we were told. the first shot is straight out of the camera, and records the weather quite faithfully, but it is not an image of the splendid harbour as I wish to remember it. The second image, although not a faithful record, is much more pleasing to my eye.

This is an interesting concept and I like the notion of presenting the two versions.  I really like the reworked version for a couple of reasons.  First the crop removes some foreground distractions and some uninteresting sky.  And second, the increased color saturation emphasizes the sense of place giving the scene a feeling of warm Mediterranean sun.

To my eye, you may have over cooked the sky a bit on the left half of the image.  I might suggest backing that off just a bit.

MikePDX's gear list:MikePDX's gear list
Olympus E-M1 III
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow