Flickr

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
jvc1 Senior Member • Posts: 2,120
Re: Flickr

Hobbitmob wrote:

I use Flickr to display work and as a backup for all my photos. I have it set to automatically upload photos from specific folders (only can upload jpegs, uploads to private folders so not everyone can see them). I have Flickr pro which gives me unlimited photo (and maybe video?) storage. This gives me an additional backup in case my computer and backup hard drives fail.

I like the way it sorts the photos by date for me to look back on with the “camera roll” (where all the pvt photos I upload go). Makes it fun to go back every once in a while and relive some memories.

Have you ever downloaded one of your own photos? Flickr gives it a new file name with 23 characters totally unrelated to the file name you used when you up loaded it. As is said before, I'm a fan of Flickr but that renaming system is why I'd never use it as a backup plan.

-- hide signature --

I keep some of my favorite pictures here,
https://www.flickr.com/photos/129958940@N03/

jvc1's gear list:jvc1's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL2 Canon EOS 90D Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow