Canon G3X Image Quality

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
Confusedabit Senior Member • Posts: 1,864
Re: Canon G3X Image Quality

Dave Robertson wrote:

Hi all

I'm looking for some advice - bought a G3X 2nd hand and unseen a few months back. Overall I've been happy with it - some issues with focussing but I think I just need to get used to it. One thing that doesn't make sense to me though is I'm shooting on the highest image quality setting, but when I try to zoom in on the photos on my computer I quickly lose image quality. The size of the recorded photos is only around 3-4MB, whereas I would have expected around 8MB on the highest setting. It's entirely possible I'm doing something wrong but I have no idea what. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Looking at my JPEGs from when I had one of these they were double this size and what you expect. When you say high image quality you have JPEG set to L and superfine with an S showing in the quadrant in front of the L? This should show up when you hit the set button for quick menu.

Focusing is not the high point of these Powershots so probably that is just the way it is.

Confusedabit's gear list:Confusedabit's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX620 HS Nikon Coolpix A1000 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus E-PL8 Fujifilm X-T20 +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow