New G Master Lens in the DPREVIEW TV Nikon Z7II Vid

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
RE Alpha
RE Alpha Contributing Member • Posts: 785
Re: Here's a photo where you can see the G more clearly

AGshots wrote:

Malling wrote:

There is no chance it’s the rumoured 16 f1.8 GM the filter of 67mm will cause to much Vignetting at that length, for the price of GM no one is going to accept that, a 16mm would most likely use 82mm and a closer focusing distance.

This is probably the rumoured 35 1.4 gm it fit very well with the 67mm and the focusing distance as well as the seize of the lens.

it could obviously be a 50mm but I doubt it, as a 35 is much more useful length and as long as that length is missing in the GM catalog they are not gonna make a 50mm.

It’s definitely a GM and not a G, Sony only make the oddity’s or the in between primes G grated, everything that is standard length have up till now been GM grated.

I’m sure at some one point one day they might make a 50mm GM but I agree it probably won’t be soon. Especially since the Sony Zeiss 50mm 1.4 Planar lens has basically every feature of a GM lens

Agreed. Also, apparently the 35/1.4 GM has been registered so should be announced soon. The only thing missing in the Sony Zeiss 50/1.4 is the focus hold button on the side (although I would always like to have this button on the top as well).

RE Alpha's gear list:RE Alpha's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7R III Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GF
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow