Advice in switching from Fuji to Q2?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
DaveJC
DaveJC Senior Member • Posts: 1,864
Re: Advice in switching from Fuji to Q2?

Owning a ton of Fuji XT gear and a Q2, I feel qualified to answer your question. First, I bought my Q2 used for $3900 so a good saving over new. Arrived in like new condition. I also have the Fuji 50r plus 32-64 and 50mm. Absolutely love the output and controls of the GF system. But what a cinder block to lug around. This is what lead me to buy the Q2. Now, I only use the Q2 when out on hikes in the woods. My Fuji XT3 with 16-80 is my festival setup, not that any of those are going on at the moment. Have been vacillating over to sell the GF setup. The Q2’s image stabilization with the 28mm lens lets me go tripod free most days. So this is even lighter setup. Many outings now, I bring the Q2 and the XT3 with 50mm f2. Both nice small setups. The XT3 with 26 MP APC still runs rings around the 7.5 MP crop of Q2. Thinking of getting S10 for this roll. Only real downside to Q2 is no flippy screen. Not Leicas style but it would be a great addition for me. Once you start printing 17 x 22 size prints, the difference between APC and high MP FF or MF is outstanding. Plus, cropping to my heart’s content and still very usable MP left to print with. Hope this helps...

-- hide signature --

Fuji XT and GF shooter
DaveJC

DaveJC's gear list:DaveJC's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm GFX 50R
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow