Photoshop 5.0 software for the D850

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Antal I Kozma
Antal I Kozma Veteran Member • Posts: 3,364
Re: RPP and Affinity

calson wrote:

Adobe stopped updating ACR to force owners to buy new versions of photoshop when the bought a new camera. Only option is to use a different company's application to open the NEF and convert it to a 16-bit TIFF file. As TIFF is open domain any application can work with this file format.

The only application that I have found to be able to work with all my old PSD format files with layers is Affinity which is what my company was forced to switch to after Adobe illegally disabled our enterprise license for CS 6 (and they did this to thousands of customers).

Well said. Affinity is getting more and more polished. It is a matter of using it day in and day out, once the user develops his/her way of using it it is essentially a "Photoshop in Affinity colour". Meaning it does the job like PS.

Now, I still have a working copy of PS6 and keep using it alongside with two other programs as my regular workflow.

My RAW converter is PhotoNinja from PictureCode LLC. I go back a long way with this software and it is second nature for me to process my RAW files with it. Then I am back to PS6 to open the processed TIFF files and do my trickery as I feel appropriate.

My third program is ON1 Photo RAW 2021. I started using this software several versions earlier as a PS plugin. Now it is a mature product, it could be used as a single stand alone suite. However, I prefer my present workflow as is and use ON1 as a very powerful extension of PS6.

The only trouble I foresee with my present setup is OS related. As Apple keeps bringing out new Mac OS X updates they have issues with PS6. So, I stay away from upgrading the OS beyond OS X 10.14.6. I upgraded it further once just to learn about the consequences. It took me quite a struggle to reinstate my system to good working order.

This was a bit wordy but some may find useful bits in it.

Best to all, AIK

Antal I Kozma's gear list:Antal I Kozma's gear list
Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Phase One Capture One Pro Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow