New G Master Lens in the DPREVIEW TV Nikon Z7II Vid

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
LiveFromPhilly
OP LiveFromPhilly Regular Member • Posts: 495
Here's a photo where you can see the G more clearly

AGshots wrote:

What’s interesting to me is that based on this picture it looks as though the “G” is not in the red square as G master lenses are so it’s possibly just “G” lens and not a “Master”. Which really doesn’t matter since the last “G” prime lens was the 20mm which was a great lens and I believe also had the aperture ring.
also it could very well be a pre finished factory model for testing so they didn’t care if the “Master” sticker on it was the same as other lenses either.

EDIT:

upon more inspection it actually could be the Sony 20mm 1.8 G lens but it seems odd that they would blur that out

Sorry about that! It's hard to see because I took a photo of my TV screen but it's definitely the G Master symbol with the burnt orange as opposed to the regular G.

Here's a screen shot from my computer instead where you can see the color better.

Also, it's definitely not the 20mm since that has a different minimum focus distance compared to this lens (the 20mm is .63ft, this lens is .89ft)

LiveFromPhilly's gear list:LiveFromPhilly's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Nikon D60 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Sony a7 III Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GF
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow