What did you shoot or post-process? (Jan 09 - Jan 15)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ruley74
ruley74 Contributing Member • Posts: 738
Re: What did you shoot or post-process? (Jan 09 - Jan 15)

Since my bank account raid following my 600E and D5 purchase last week I've been doing some testing and getting to know the D5. I bought the D5 last week due more to opportunity as my retailer had a traded 1800 shutter count one come in and I picked it up cheaper than any other second hand one on the market (I was considering one, but jumped). the main reason was to add the low light FF capability to my kit as with most wildlife enthusiasts I'm constantly challenging my ISO.

Went for a wander yesterday arvo to do some more testing and play around and shot these.... way over exposed! The metering while the "same" system as the D850 & 500 seems to act a little differently and pushed me much higher than I would have expected, and I was shooting with too much shutter speed. Anyhow, it gave me an image that was 20000 ISO. I got home and processed and was really surprised with what came out, particularly as this is a 2400px long side crop.

So, am I happy.... yes I am!!

And this one I dropped my shutter to where it needed to be but didn't pick up on the metering driving me too high so was also over exposed... 2700px long side crop

-- hide signature --

Dean
I give permission to edit my posted images for the purpose of constructive feedback, if it's not constructive don't bother!
https://www.instagram.com/dean_rule_photography/

ruley74's gear list:ruley74's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D5 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow