* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #663 on 2021 01 06 *

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
P3T3S Senior Member • Posts: 1,854

@Mike  Yes, I flipped it through 180° to increase the tension.

@Andrew   Actually nothing was removed or added to the stairwell. (I based the B&W version on one I had already partially processed in colour, so had to go back and confirm with the original.) I cropped it slightly, played with brightness in the various levels, added sharpness, contrast and clarity and that's it.

I also suffer badly from vertigo, and had no problems taking this, although you don't want to put too much trust in those old bannisters!

One thing that nobody has picked up on is the pose of the woman. Having gone to lengths to compose the shot without chopping any important curves, she lifted her hands to adjust her hair just as I was about to press the shutter. It is a tiny detail, but one which I rather like. It looks as though she is covering her ears in stress, which fits very well with the intended effect of the spiral. Her (make believe) mental stress also gives the title its second meaning of Downward Spiral. I guess that was a bit too obtuse to be noticed.

Pete

P3T3S's gear list:P3T3S's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow