Canon 7D Mark II or 90D for Bird Photography

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
Saumbi
Saumbi Regular Member • Posts: 108
Re: Canon 7D Mark II or 90D for Bird Photography

A lot of good advice here, thanks! I have not bought a new body since the introduction of the 70D. I thought long and hard and finally bought it over the 7D MKII and have had my regrets since. But I have been waiting for the new 7D MKIII and finally broke.

I have a new 90D being delivered tomorrow, I know the 60D had a lot of misses on focus with BIF, but I have had some pretty good success at the same time. I think I did a lot of you a favor, as with my luck after pulling the trigger on the 90D, you see your introduction of the long waited on 7D MKII any day now!

I will say I am a little skeptical after reading most of this thread, but with the newer Focus system, and resolution on this new body, I hope I see a big improvement in the number of keepers over the older 70D.

I am anxious, but if I am at all disappointed, and see no improvement or very little,,,,, well I have already talked myself into selling it, the 70D and my beloved 1DX and grabbing that R5. I thank everyone here for the tips and suggestions tin advance to hopefully make using this new camera a little easier, and maybe helped keep me from making that bigger plunge!

One thing is for sure,, I will now have a crop body with f8 focus thru the viewfinder!

Saumbi's gear list:Saumbi's gear list
Canon PowerShot G7 X Canon EOS 10D Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow