Fuji Battery Management - what do you do?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
SeldomFocused
OP SeldomFocused Regular Member • Posts: 135
Re: Fuji Battery Management - what do you do?

Morris0 wrote:

Hi Larry,

I use the battery grip on my X-T3 and plan to get 3 hours per battery. It is better in warm weather yet I don't complain about that. I keep a soft pouch with more batteries in an pocket inside my jacket to keep the batteries warm. I usually only change the two batteries in the grip as they can be changed quickly. I try and anticipate down time and change when I see the batteries going down as compared to out. All batteries are dated the day I get them. This helps me track which ones are not holding a charge and are replaced. I typically have 7 batteries in total with me and more in the bag in my car.

Morris

Howdy Morris -

I probably should get the battery grip really - sounds like that is the smart way to go. It looks like it is discontinued now, so I'll have to find a deal on one somewhere - maybe I'll get lucky and get one with 2 batteries with it.

I didn't think about keeping spares inside my coat in the cold. Good idea there. I do a lot of kayaking in spring/summer/fall, so hence the waterproof hard case, but it is bulky and a pain on extended walks/hikes. Perfect though if I am on the water or am out all day and have a spot for it. Are all 7 of yours genuine Fuji's, or do you have a couple of knockoffs?

I've been eyeing this, which I think I'll buy for 9 bucks on Amazon - this should be good to keep in my coat on these cold months. Thanks for the idea.

Oh, and dating your batteries - great idea as well, thanks for that one!

This is 9 bucks on Amazon...I can't quite tell if it'll be a bit too bulky or not...

-- hide signature --
 SeldomFocused's gear list:SeldomFocused's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR Fujifilm XF 80mm F2.8 Macro +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow