* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #663 on 2021 01 06 *

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
MikePDX
MikePDX Senior Member • Posts: 2,203
Re: In a Downward Spiral

P3T3S wrote:

2021 continues the trend set by 2020 so far. I mean photographically, with no new photography, just trawling the catalogue and finding ones that I hadn't processed, or hadn't managed to develope to my liking. It is usually easier to make decisions after time, when the initial intention / excitement / disappointment have faded and do not interfere with the process. I struggled with the colour balance on this one, as each floor level had its own mix of natural and artificial light source, and converting to B&W is such an obvious choice now.

Pete

The image has an Alfred Hitchcock or Rod Serling vibe.  I like the B&W conversion, and I like the fact that it isn't a perfectly smooth spiral but has small irregularities.  I'm just guessing that you might have flipped this one 180 degrees.  You've certainly placed the bottom of the stairway at the perfect point.  The result for me is that it creates a lot of tension, which is perfect for this type of shot.  Very well done!

MikePDX's gear list:MikePDX's gear list
Olympus E-M1 III
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow